Guest Article by HowtobeaRedhead.com
Protecting and caring for your redhead skin is imperative, especially during the winter months. This particular season calls for products loaded with hydrating properties to shield your skin from the cold and prevent dry, flaky patches. Below are our top seven ‘Redhead Friendly’ winter skincare tips.
- Moisturize: It is important to get in the habit of moisturizing daily – morning, night and even throughout the day. Make this the last part in your skincare regimen in order to lock in your serums and oils. Don’t forget to moisturize your body. We recommended lathering the body right after you get out of the shower. Don’t forget hands, elbows and cuticles.
- Oils + Serums: These mega-hydrating products are your best friends. They do wonders on your skin, as well as create a dewy, glowing look. Apply on your skin after cleansing and before moisturizing.
- Sunscreen: Practice sun safety 365 days a year. Just because you don’t see the sun doesn’t mean you should toss your sunscreen to the curb. You still expose your skin to harmful sun rays while on your hour lunch break or even skiing on the slopes.
- Lip Care: Dry lips are no fun. Carry a moisturizing lip balm (with SPF) with you wherever you go this season. If your lips are dry, try not to lick them. Another trick is to brush them gently with a toothbrush to remove any excess skin.
- Humidifier: Run a humidifier in your bedroom to increase the moisture levels in the air. This will help eliminate dry skin.
- Water: Don’t ditch your h2o just because it’s chilly outside. Try to drink the recommended eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day. If you’re having a difficult time consuming the right amount, try adding a few cucumber slices or orange wedges to create natural, flavorful water.
- Makeup: Opt for a tinted moisturizer in order to keep your skin hydrated while adding a little bit of coverage. If you’re seeing dry patches underneath your eyes, mix a couple of drops of moisturizer with your concealer.
Have a super hydrating winter season + Rock it like a Redhead!
About How to be a Redhead: How to be a Redhead was created by redheads for redheads. Its mission is to empower every redhead to feel confident, look amazing, and to rock their beauty. Red hair is more than a color, it’s a lifestyle. The world’s only redhead brand has been featured in the New York Times, ABC News, Fast Company & Refinery 29. The How to be a Redhead Beauty Book is currently on book shelves across the nation.